Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Biologically-Inspired Glass Work of Danish Artist Steffan Dam







Wow. I have just come across the exquisite, biologically-inspired glass work of Danish artist Steffan Dam. The work--organized into series titled "Flower Blocks," "Specimen Blocks," "Fossils" and "Marine Biology--reminds me quite a bit of the work of revered natural history artists Ernst Heackel and Leopold and Rudolf Blaschka.

Above are just a few of my favorite pieces; I highly encourage you to visit the website to see the full collection by clicking here; you can also download a PDF catalog of his work by clicking here.

Via Wunderkammer.

4 comments:

cruisingat60 said...

Lovely!

Francesca Mancini said...

So wonderful images, really ispiring me!

Mary Elizabeth Liberty said...

these are gorgeous!
This also reminds me of the glass flowers exhibit in the Harvard museum of natural history...
http://www.hmnh.harvard.edu/on_exhibit/the_glass_flowers.html

Artpusher said...

Love all of these, thanks for sharing! Also love the Christine Elfman imagery!!!
xox, p